On 24-25 November 2020, the 14th International Scientific Readings “The Theatre Book Between the Past and the Future”
The conference will be held in a combination of offline and online formats.
This year the theme of the Readings is “Literature on the Theatre Stage”.
Among the issues proposed for consideration are:
• The history of the performance of plays based on literary works;
• Features of the stage performances of classical and contemporary works;
• Dramaturgical and directorial methods of staging contemporary works;
• Scenographic solutions;
• The history of reviewing plays based on works of literature;
• Spectator reception;
• Plays based on literary works in the collections of archives, libraries, and museums;
• The history of the publication of plays based on literary works; and
• Information and bibliographic resources.
Theatre experts; literary and theatre critics; philologists, playwrights, directors; employees of libraries, museums, archives, and institutes; culturologists; historians; publishers; and other specialists are invited to participate. A collection of articles based on the conference results will be published.